What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition which prevents men from getting or maintaining an erection firm enough for satisfactory sexual intercourse. ED can be a short-term or a long-term problem. Alma Duo for erectile dysfunction is a non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical treatment for ED.
You have ED if:
- you can get an erection sometimes, but not every time you want to have sex.
- you can get an erection, but it does not last long enough for fulfilling or satisfactory sex.
- you can NOT get an erection at any time.
Although ED is unfortunately very common, it’s not a normal part of aging.
Who is more likely to develop erectile dysfunction?
ED affects more than 50% of men over the age of 40 (about 30 million men in the United States alone.)
Globally, 322 million men are projected to suffer from sexual performance issues due to declining vascular function by 2025.
Age is a major determining factor in risk for experiencing ED. Diabetic men are more likely to have ED, while testosterone levels, blood pressure, heart disease, and other health conditions can also play a role.
Including men of all ages, more than 18% of men have some sort of performance issues.
With ED, statistics are imperfect since most surveys are self-reported, meaning men have to be willing to discuss ED to get accurate data. Therefore, we can assume the reported statistics are low.
While men in Denver may find it embarrassing and difficult to talk with a health care professional about ED there are treatments available. No matter how embarrassing this topic can be, remember that a healthy sex life is important for your quality of life and is an important part of a healthy life overall.
- What are the complications of erectile dysfunction?
- The complications of ED for men in Denver may include:
- Unfulfilled sex life
- Loss of intimacy between you and your partner, straining relationships
- Depression and low self-esteem
- Inability to get a partner pregnant
- Depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem can also contribute to ED, creating a seemingly endless cycle of health problems.
What is the Alma Duo?
First introduced in the 1970s for stone fragmentation (e.g., kidney or gall stones), low-intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (LI-ESWT) has since evolved to successfully treat orthopedic conditions with its anti-inflammatory effects and cardiovascular conditions by stimulating the formation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis). This patented shock wave therapy causes mechanical stress to the treatment site which triggers a wound-healing response that stimulates blood vessel growth and improved blood flow.
Alma Duo for erectile dysfunction is an in-office treatment available in Denver that uses gold standard shock wave technology, focused LI-ESWT, which has been clinically proven to stimulate better blood flow and restore natural sexual performance – bringing spontaneity back to your life.
Features & Benefits
- No Downtime
- Quick 15-minute, in-office treatment requiring no topical anesthetic and no recovery time
- Non-Invasive & Effective
- Helps support natural function without prescription drugs, needles, or surgery
- Long-Lasting Results
- No topical anesthetic and no downtime required
- Long-lasting results clinically validated at least 2 years post treatment
Prior to Alma Duo, the treatments available to men in Denver with impotence were:
1. Medications: Roughly 7 out of 10 men in Colorado with ED don’t respond to popular pills like Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra. Of those that can take these drugs, many don’t because of the unwanted side effects, dangerous medical conditions they can cause, or the fact that these medications lose their effectiveness over time. This leaves only two other viable medical options, both of which are highly undesirable, for obvious reasons.
2. Injections: An injection: sticking a long needle into the penis each time prior to sexual activity. This requires much skill and nerve and can result in prolonged erection (priapism) which can cause an extremely dangerous medical emergency.
3. Surgical Implantation: Surgical implantation of a penile prosthesis and pump in the scrotum to raise and lower the penis. This major surgery can result in serious complications and frequent fails to be regularly successful.
You are probably wondering “Will the Ama Duo work for Me”?
Since this treatment is specific for vascular (blood vessel) problems, only people with ED due to unhealthy blood vessels will benefit. These are usually older patients (40 to 70 years old) that may have chronic diseases such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure or High Cholesterol.
If your ED is due to other factors such as stress or the side effects of medicines, then you will probably not benefit from this treatment.
How does the Alma Duo help?
One of the causes of Erectile Dysfunction is the poor flow of blood into the penis caused by unhealthy blood vessels. By applying multiple low-intensity shockwaves to the penis, new and healthy blood vessels develop (known as neo-vascularization), improving blood flow and performance.
What is the success rate of the Alma Duo?
The main question men have is “Does Alma Duo really work?” Studies have shown that 76% of patients will have an improvement in their International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) score by more than 5 points. The IIEF is a brief survey taken by men to assess their ability to get and maintain an erection. The IIEF is just one of the tools used at Integrative Health and Rehab to determine the severity of your ED and to measure the results of the Duo therapy. Another study showed that 21 out of 29 patients treated had an improvement of their Erection Hardness Score from 2 to > 3.
In very severe cases of ED where the patient could not get an erection even when using medications (typically Viagra or Cialis), after treatment with the Duo, over 70% were able to get an erection with their medicines.
What is the Alma Duo procedure like?
You will first have to visit with one of our specially trained providers to determine if you are a candidate for Duo therapy.
During the treatment, a clear gel will be applied to the penis and either side of the scrotum. The treatment probe is placed against the skin, sending low intensity shockwaves into the treatment area. There should be no pain at all during the procedure. In fact, most patients do not feel anything at all. Some report that they feel only a slight tingling.
How many treatments does the Alma Duo take?
Most patients will require a total of 6 treatment sessions, 2 sessions per week for 3 weeks. This schedule allows the tissue time to respond to the treatment before exposing it to more shockwaves. The blood vessels will begin to respond shortly after each treatment. The real benefits typically beginning 1 to 2 weeks after the final treatment.
If you are serious about regaining the spontaneity that your sex life has been missing, call (303) 424-7171, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or text (833) 210-3525 and schedule a FREE confidential consultation with a Denver, Colorado preferred Alma Duo provider today!